Did you know that any building built or refurbished before the year 2000 could still contain asbestos?
An Asbestos Management Survey is the standard asbestos survey that should be carried out for the continued management of asbestos in premises. The purpose behind an Asbestos management survey is to locate, as far as reasonably practicable, the presence and extent of any suspect Asbestos containing materials (ACMs) in the building and assess their condition.
Asbestos in Buildings
Below are 5 key points you really need to know regarding Asbestos in Buildings
1) Asbestos only becomes a problem once it’s disturbed and the fibres airborne.
2) Any building built prior to year 2000 can contain asbestos.
3) Non-domestic buildings must have an asbestos survey report and register.
4) Asbestos materials identified in the building must be managed & the register updated regularly.
5) Preventing exposure to asbestos dust will protect against related illness and fatal diseases
What’s the worst could happen?
If you own or responsible for a commercial building and you fail to manage the asbestos correctly you could expose individuals to asbestos fibres resulting in a prosecution. For more information regarding asbestos law then please contact us today.
Our Asbestos Survey Will:
- Carry out an Asbestos Management Survey of your premises.
- Record the locations of any asbestos materials in a written report.
- Help you prepare an Asbestos management plan designed for your building.
- Contact you to update the Asbestos register ensuring you remain compliant.
Asbestos Awareness Training
Here at Veritas we also provide Asbestos Awareness Training for a wide variety of businesses across the UK. See the case study below or for more information regarding our asbestos awareness training then please contact us:
May Gurney – (Construction, Utilities & Infrastructure)
Veritas Consulting delivered Asbestos Awareness Training to 36 field operatives from their Midlands team at the May Gurney office in Birmingham. The training course was delivered in-house over 3 days at the end of October 2010. The course helped supervisors and workers understand how to identify Asbestos materials and what to do when they discover them.
Book your Asbestos Management Survey today
To learn more about our Asbestos Management Surveys or Asbestos Awareness Training then please contact us today to see how we can help you or your business.
To find out more details then please fill out our handiest of contact forms or contact us direct; call us on 0800 1488 677.
…the expert Asbestos Management Surveyors based in Birmingham, West Midlands.