Velcol Construction Ltd is based in Birmingham and provides groundwork services for an array of clients – from local councils to private developers.
What Velcol asked for: A thorough health and safety review
Velcol construction asked us to provide a comprehensive review of their health and safety procedures to make sure they were complying with all laws and utilising the best possible health and safety practices. They needed to know what they had to change, what they could improve, and how to make it all work.
What we did: Carried out a full review and then provided help which put them back in full control of their health and safety procedures
- Our health and safety expert fully assessed Velcol’s day-to-day operations and created a clear list of changes and improvements to be made. We compared their business with the latest health and safety regulations, and we used our experience to find ways of improving their health and safety procedures to make them more straightforward, efficient and beneficial for staff.
- Plus, due to Velcol’s physical outdoor groundwork services, they had unique workplace environments which required specific health and safety procedures in place to protect employees.
- We sat down with Velcol to create an implementation plan which worked out where we could help and how we could put Velcol back in full control of every health and safety element within their business.
- Once the plan was completed, we began putting it into action. We firstly carried out what we could get sorted quickly for Velcol – such as creating a comprehensive health and safety policy, and carrying out specific risk assessments within the business.
- Velcol then hired us for more in-depth roles within their business, such as helping with the elimination of risk within the workplace, and providing expert training to directors, managers and supervisors to make sure they were up to speed with their latest health and safety responsibilities.
- We also introduced our competent person service to Velcol. This easily affordable service means that Velcol has constant access to a legally required health and safety professionall without having to employ someone full-time – saving them time and money.
Velcol also hired us to undertake other health and safety related activities for them, such as:
- Assistance with CHAS Registration, Safecontractor and Constructionline.
- Site health and safety inspections and audits.
- Reviewing risk assessments and method statements.
- Updating health and safety policy.
- Onsite training and toolbox talks.
- Completing tender pre-qualification questionnaires.
The results? Full law compliance, financial savings, carefully controlled risk and a safer workplace for all of the staff at Velcol Construction
With help from our health and safety experts, Velcol were brought fully up to scratch with the latest legislation. They also now had watertight policies in place, fewer risks in the workplace, more knowledgeable supervisors and an overall safer environment for all employees – giving them complete peace of mind. We even helped them save money with much more affordable ways to comply with the latest health and safety laws.
Since 2008, Velcol Construction continue to work with Veritas Consulting by monitoring progress on a month-by-month basis on recurring 12 month contracts. Every year we review all health and safety progresses together to find further opportunities for improvement and refinement.
Would you like similar help for your own business? If so, click here to contact us for a no-obligation discussion.